The Dr. Oz ‘Just 10’ Challenge
Just 10 | Rule #1: Cut Out Soda
Just 10 | Rule #2: Stop Eating at Least 3 Hours Before Bed
Just 10 | Rule #3: Move for 10 Minutes Each DayThe Cart Cleanup: After grocery shopping, take your cart to the farthest cart stand. The walk should take you about 10 minutes. The 10-Minute Walk: Self-explanatory, but look at your bracelet and remember your commitment to spread the word about the importance of losing 10 pounds. Invite your neighbor, husband, dog, roommate…anyone to walk with you.
Just 10 | Rule #4: Exercise Portion Control
Just 10 | Rule #5: Weigh Yourself Every Day
- Vitamin B complex: Vitamin B Complex metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and and fatty acids in the body giving you the energy to exercise.
- Take Your Vitamins: Each day, take the following: Calcium (600 mg, plus 600 mg from food) and Magnesium (400 mg) – it supports bone strength and prevents fractures. Vitamin D3 (1,000 IU taken with DHA) can help prevent memory loss and heart disease. DHA (900 mg) supports memory and vision while decreasing heart attacks and stroke. Probiotics taken in spore form can help decrease infections and inflammations. Finally, a daily multivitamin will help counteract a less than perfect diet of nutrients.
- Recipe Reinvention: weight loss is about dieting smart, not hard. It’s not about deprivation, it’s about reinvention. It’s time to create healthier versions of your favorite dishes, all while remaining committed to losing 10 pounds.
- Know Your Serving Size: Each day, you get a total of 10 servings of the food you love, but the key is portion size. Here’s your guide:
Proteins and Fats 4 Servings
1 serving of chicken = 1 breast (skinless)
1 serving of meat and fish = no larger than the palm of your hand
1 serving of beans = 1 cup
1 serving of cheese = the size of 2 dice
1 serving of olive oil = the size of a poker chip Complex Carbohydrates 3 Servings
1 serving of spaghetti = the diameter of a quarter (measure dry)
1 serving of grains (like cous cous, rice and quinoa) = 1/2 cup uncooked; 1 cup cooked Fruit 3 Servings
Whole fruits = the size of 1 scoop of ice cream
Berries = 1 cup Vegetables Unlimited Servings
You should never be hungry during the Just 10 Challenge. Fill up on the fiber and nutrients found in your favorite vegetables. Additionally, you can have dessert every other day. However, that dessert can be no bigger than the size of your hand. Click here to print Dr. Ro’s wallet-sized serving guide for women.
Click here to print Dr. Ro’s wallet-sized serving guide for men (who sometimes need a slightly higher caloric intake.)
- Conquer Your Caqrvings: Never Go Hungry